All of us wanted to be healthy because a healthy life is a happy life! But then, there are times that we are unable to visit the gym because of our busy schedules or oftentimes too lazy to leave the coziness of our homes. According to a 2017 study, making an effort to lose trim some pounds is the number one priority for most people when they created their New Year resolutions.
With that, here’s a workout regimen that you can do at the comfort of your home to effectively and quickly eliminate the stubborn belly pooch that you’ve always wanted you never had.
Do the exercises using ON and OFF intervals:
ON for 20 seconds and OFF for 10 seconds. Repeat each workout for 8 rounds. Afterward, take a one-minute break and move onto the next exercise.
5 Jumping Jacks + 1 Burpee
- Begin doing jumping jacks by standing straight.
- Raise your arms over your head and jump with your feet spreading away during the jump.
- Perform it 5 times.
- Bend your back, position your palms on the floor and lower yourself to the ground.
- At this point, jump and move your feet back so as to get into the push-up position.
- Jump upward and move your feet back in.
- Do it once and shift to performing jumping jacks.
4 Mountain Climbers + 2 Sit-Throughs
- Start by positioning yourself into the plank position.
- Pull one knee up in the direction of your midsection.
- Try raising your knee the furthest you can comfortably.
- Repeat the movements with your other knee. Every hop counts as one.
- Do this exercise 4 times.
- Get yourself into the pushup position.
- Lift your right hand and your left leg off the ground.
- Carry your right hand up to your head and kick your left leg through.
- All through the course of this movement, turn your body and your hips so that your butt will be capable of touching the ground.
- Now go back to the pushup position.
- Repeat it with your left hand and right leg.
- Do it twice and switch to doing mountain climbers.
To do the plyo step-ups workout you’ll necessitate a chair of low height.
- Begin with having one foot on the chair.
- Apply your weight on that foot and jump up.
- While you’re jumping, switch your foot so that your other foot is now on the chair.
- Keep doing it back and forth for 8 rounds.
- Lay with your toes on the ground and support yourself up utilizing your hands.
- While keeping your elbows close to your body, lower your torso to the ground so that your elbows create a 90-degree angle.
- Raise your body by pushing the ground away from you.
- Repeat this procedure 8 times.
2 Split Squat Jumps + 1 Burpee
- Begin by standing straight up and jump into a lunge position.
- Ensure that your front knee is not over your toes.
- Afterward, jump and switch your front and your back foot.
- Perform this exercise twice and switch to doing the burpee.
Note: A ball is essential for this workout.
To start, place your toe over the ball, hop and alternate between tapping one foot and the other one on top of the ball.
- Begin by resting on your forearms on the ground.
- Move your feet back so that your body creates a straight line from the shoulders to the feet.
- At this point, push yourself up from the ground into the elevated press-up position, one arm at a time.
- Continuously preserve a rigid plank form of your back.
- Begin by lying flat on the ground.
- Point your forearms upward and at a right angle with your body.
- Afterward, crunch up with your elbows bent and carry your opposite leg up as well.
- Repeat the movements.
- Begin by placing yourself in the push-up position and jump with your knees in the direction of your chest.
- Afterward, jump to place yourself back in the push-up position.
Sumo Goblet Squat Pulses
- Begin by spreading your feet wider than your shoulders and place your feet at a 45-degree angle.
- At this point, do 90-degree angle squats and then come half-way up before going down once again.
When will you start performing these exercises? Please share it with us in the comment section below!
Based on materials from Brightside
Illustrated by Germielyn Balondo for Meow Gag